Launch of the 2020 GEM Report
Launch of the 2020 GEM Report - Inclusion in education: All means all
23 June 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM CEST
On 23 June the GEM Report will launch its 2020 Report calling for countries to concentrate on those being left behind and move towards inclusion in education – a particularly poignant message for those now rebuilding their school systems after the arrival of Covid-19.
Over the course of an hour you will hear from inclusion champions, ministers, teachers and celebrities from different corners of the world whose stories and efforts go to the very heart of the theme of the 2020 GEM Report. This Report calls on all education actors to widen their understanding of inclusive education to include all learners, no matter their identity, background or ability; to believe that every person is unique, has potential and should be respected; to put diversity at the core of education systems, rather than seeing it as a problem.
Join us: Register for the event by clicking the button to the right.
Kick off the discussion now online #AllmeansALL and access the pre-launch social media pack.
Confirmed Speakers (in order of appearance):
- Sophie Morgan (moderator): TV Presenter and Disability Rights Campaigner @sophmorgTV
- Audrey Azoulay, Director-General, UNESCO @AAzoulay
- Manos Antoninis, Director, Global Education Monitoring (GEM) Report @GEMReport
- Helen Clark, Former Prime Minister of New Zealand and Chair, Advisory Board, Global Education Monitoring Report @HelenClarkNZ
- Dr. David Moinina Sengeh, Minister of Basic and Senior Secondary Education, Chief Innovation Officer for the Directorate of Science, Technology and Innovation, Sierra Leone @dsengeh
- Baroness Sugg CBE, UK Special Envoy for Girls’ Education, United Kingdom @liz_sugg
- Brina Kei Maxino, Special Olympics Sargent Shriver International Global Messenger, Philippines
- Antony Were, Inclusive Education Project Officer and Special Needs and Inclusive Education teacher, Humanity & Inclusion, Kakuma Refugee Camp, Kenya
This event will be offered in English, French, Spanish, and American Sign Language, with live text captions.
For support: Please email email@example.com. If you are having trouble registering, try switching your browser to Chrome or Firefox!